error "Undefined symbol" while running fetchmail

DJ Boris dj_boris at mail.ru
Fri Apr 25 11:54:37 PDT 2003

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your help. I did "make configure" in
ports/devel/gettext.... it downloaded the .tar.gz file from
ftp://gnudist.gnu.org, then I did "make install" and everything is cooking
100% now... fetchmail is already fetching mail like magic.

Just one more question, as I am still learning about all this make this,
make that and it is still all too cryptic for me... why didn't "pkg_add
gettext-0.11.5_1.tbz" do the job? What is the difference between what you
told me to do and what I was doing?

Thanx for your help yet again

DJ Boris