Convert Sendmail Email to Qmail

Jeremy Gaddis jeremy at gaddis.org
Fri Apr 25 10:56:10 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 08:14, Toni Schmidbauer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:42:17AM -0700, webmaster at hpcaz.com wrote:
> > QUESTION:
> > What is the best way to convert from Sendmail's mailbox format (mbox) to
> > Qmail's (maildir)?  (Also moving from RedHat to FreeBSD--hence my post to
> > this list. And, yes, I'm also posting to Qmail's list.)
>
> for local delivery i would use procmail. procmail handles mbox
> and maildir.
>
> converting mbox to maildir is another story. on google, i found
> the following tool:
>
> http://www.gerg.ca/hacks/mb2md/

Even better is a utility called safecat.  I don't have the
URL handy, but Google should find it fairly easily.

safecat allows you to convert mbox files into Maildir's easy as
shit.  A quick one-liner per mbox is all it takes.

`safecat -m maildir ~username/Maildir/ < mbox` or something
like that.  Doesn't get much easier than that.  :)

j.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis   <jeremy at gaddis.org>   <http://www.gaddis.org>