Convert Sendmail Email to Qmail

webmaster at hpcaz.com webmaster at hpcaz.com
Fri Apr 25 00:39:35 PDT 2003

QUESTION:
What is the best way to convert from Sendmail's mailbox format (mbox) to
Qmail's (maildir)?  (Also moving from RedHat to FreeBSD--hence my post to
this list. And, yes, I'm also posting to Qmail's list.)

SITUATION:
I currently host a number of sites on RedHat 7.3 with Sendmail/LinuxConf as
the MTA (LinuxConf is purly for vdomains).

The Sendmail/LinuxConf pair are severely lacking features and usability I've
come to like with Qmail/vmailmgr.

However, with more than 40 domains and (in the neiborhood of) 600 users it'd
be a tremendous amount of work to move them manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

 --
Tom Smith
High Performance Computing