FreeBSD in General

CARTER Anthony a.carter at cordis.lu
Fri Apr 25 00:18:11 PDT 2003

What Gerald is asking for is a one OS for everyone...Isn't this what M$ is
trying to do?

If someone did make an OS that ran EVERY piece of software ever built, then I
can pretty much GUARANTEE that it will not be open source...Either that or
the behemoth will buy it anyway...

Remember also that I would guess that M$ has, within their infinite wisdom,
added some little read clause in their software agreements that specifies
that it must be run on windows (like FoxPro has). This would prevent you from
using, say, Office on GlobOS (Global OS) or UniOS (Universal OS)...

Problem is that we either have an OS that is HIGHLY configurable such as
FreeBSD OR we have an OS that takes you by the hand and tells 'my way or the
highway.'

Anthony