How to find a library

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Apr 24 20:56:33 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm coming over from Win32 development, and I have a question about finding
a library to find what you need.

Currently, if I need a function, it can be found somewhere in MFC.  However,
since I want to start porting some of our software to Unix, I need to know
how to find/use similar functions that are not part of Unix base
functionality.

What is the best way to find these libraries?

Once found, is it only a matter of including the .h file and linking?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.