huge XFree log files

Anton Stamenov lidow at mail.orbitel.bg
Wed Apr 23 12:19:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:45:59 -0400
parv <parv_fm at emailgroups.net> wrote:

> in message <20030423163456.1f31546f.ais at epiq.com>,
> wrote Anton Stamenov thusly...
> >
> > (II) Loading sub module "DOSENCODING"
> > (II) LoadModule: "DOSENCODING"
> > (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/codeconv/libDOSENCODING.a
> > (II) Module DOSENCODING: vendor="X-TrueType Server Project"
> >         compiled for 4.3.0, module version = 1.3.1
> >         Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
> >         ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.4
> > (II) UnloadModule: "DOSENCODING"
> > (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/codeconv/libDOSENCODING.a
> >
> > need help, please
> >
> > XFree makes huge log files, filling them with above information.
>
> Huge?  How huge?  I get only ~27 kB files (which i consider small in
> comparison to fetchmail & procmail logs).
>
> You could control the creation & size of the log files via
> newsyslog(8) thru /etc/newsyslog.conf.  See the man page.
>
> Or, you may be able to specify some option to xinit(1) and related
> processes to not to create logs in the first place (i personally do
> not know).
>

>   - parv
>
> --

I am speaking about hundred megs per a day

and everything I have in this log is the text above. I know how can I
control the size of my logs, but the size of this log file (XFree86.0.log) is not normal.

as I see it, XFree loads  the DOSENCODING module and after a few seconds
unloads it. I want to stop this process and to load or unload the module
permanently.

--
anton

EPIQ EA(www.epiq.com)