setting up many FreeBSD boxes at once... advice?

BSD baby bsdlap at hitmedia.com
Tue Apr 22 18:09:34 PDT 2003

I'm going to be setting up 6 identical FreeBSD boxes at the same time.
(Workstation boxes inside our office.)

Each one with the exact same setup.  Same ports installed, etc.

Anyone whose done this before have any advice?

Should I put /usr/ports on one NFS share so I don't have to keep
cvsuping the directories or downloading the source files?

Actually... if the boxes are identical is there any harm in doing
a permanent NFS for the whole /usr partition?   All sharing one /usr?