Adding a new IDE harddrive

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue Apr 22 13:21:17 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 04:10 pm, Michael A. Alestock wrote:
> I have a question...I already know how to add a new harddrive to my
> system, however, what I wanted to know is how do I use the new
> harddrive's space to add more space to my current filesystem's
> directories?  Do I have to LINK the new harddrive to the old drive?
> How would I go about this process??

When I have done this, I used both ways depending on what was
convenient. I have linked something like /usr/ports to /usr2/ports and
etc. I have also created a /us2/ and mounted that in fstab as
/usr/ports. I have done the fstab mount almost universally when it
comes to /usr/src and /usr/obj. They (including the system) all are on
different HDs and controllers. They are mounted in fstab.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA