Release CD booting problems.

Rob Cook robcook86 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:35:15 PDT 2003

    Im currently working on a custom distribution, based on
RELENG_4_7_0_RELEASE, including a modified boot.flp image.  The CDs I've
produced are bootable and readable on a wide range of machines I have
availible for testing.  All except two of them, a compaq dl380 rev01, and a
homebuilt system (wich can read it in one of it's drives, but not the
other).

    The two problem machines have no problem booting and reading a cd made
by a stock "make release", but when it comes to my custom discs,  they can
neither boot, nor read them at all,  while other machines have no problems
with either the stock or custom discs.

    This problem only occurs when I modify the boot.flp image, specificaly,
the mfsroot filesystem contained within.

    As I'm using the same brand CDs for burning both the stock release and
the custom release, and the custom becomes unreadable on only two of my
systems,  I am completely stumped.