fbsd server version question

Peut Kotze PK at nanoteq.com
Tue Apr 22 07:33:56 PDT 2003

Hi

The cvs tags is a little different from what you have stated:
RELENG_4   is STABLE for the 4.X branch, including NEW development
RELENG_4_8 is "STABLE" for the 4.8 branch, only security fixes added
RELENG_4_8_0_RELEASE will give you the sources of the original 4.8
release.

Thus, I would suggest tracking RELENG_4_8 for your purposes.

For more info, read FreeBSD Handbook, Appendix A.7

Hope it Helps
Peut Kotze