compiling kernel for another machine then installing - how?

Paul Jansen vlaero at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 21 21:03:37 PDT 2003

Thanks Mike.

replaced the kernel as you described and it works
great.
I'm hoping someone can describe how I can set up NFS
- and then mount remotely - in such a way so that I
can do an install if modules are required that aren't
on the remote system.  I need some clarification as to
how to set up the '/etc/exports' file appropriately.
just to confirm I'm using freebsd 4.8 and teh remote
systems will be freebsd 4.8 also.  I'm wanting to use
the 'new' kernel compilation method.

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this.
PJ

 --- Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote: > In

<20030419053455.63747.qmail at web40109.mail.yahoo.com>,