Remotely upgrading SSHD

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at dsl-only.net
Mon Apr 21 10:42:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 05:28:12PM +0100, Rus Foster wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've just upgraded ssh on a remote machine and manually gone to SSH 3.6.1.
> However I want to make sure that it starts at boot time. Should I do the
> following
>
> comment out sshd_enable in /etc/rc.conf
> mv /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sshd.sh.sample /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sshd.sh
>
> will that be enough?
>
> Rgds
>
> rus

That should do it.  Then, assuming your script at
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sshd.sh works, your version of sshd should be
launching.  Of course, manually test your script before relying on it.
Also make sure that it is executable.

Nathan

--
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C