No Subject

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 18 17:40:56 PDT 2003

GregH -

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 Glhis at aol.com wrote:

> looking for mac assembler for 604e processor.
> caan you help me.

A little more information, please. Are you looking for an assembler that
will run under FreeBSD for Intel X86, or some other workstation?

> I 'm new at this and cannot locate a compiler to run prg's?

If you need assembler, compiler, and other tools to build programs for
the PowerPC on a FreeBSD system,

The GCC package (see http://www.gnu.org) can be used on many types of
system to build programs to run on a separate PowerPC processor, but
building a full cross-compiler toolchain can be pretty frustrating for a
beginner. You also need to get your programs from the host (FreeBSD) to
the target (PowerPC 604e). This can be tricky.

A bit more information on what you need to do and how you're trying to do
it (and how you've done similar things in the past, if you have) would be
helpful.

You might try a few searches on Google, too. Play with your keywords until
you get promising titles.

 John Mills
 john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu