FreeBSD tips of the day

Erik Greenwald erik at smluc.org
Thu Apr 17 10:31:24 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 01:11:33PM -0400, David wrote:
> Hello BSD fans,
>
> When I login to my macjine, I get the message of the day
> and a tip. How can I view all the tips at once?

The tips are part of the fortune game...

$ fortune -m . freebsd-tips

this says to match any fortune having the regex patter "." in the database
"freebsd-tips".

--
        -Erik <erik at smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.