imap-uw setup

Tak Pui Lou lou at man-97-187.ResHall.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 17 00:32:02 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I am new to IMAP. I compile the imap-uw port with
-DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT -DWITH_NETSCAPE_BRAIN_DAMAGE
-DWITH_ENTOURAGE_BRAIN_DAMAGE -DWITH_DRAC. It works but it is slow when
I open mozilla mail after mozilla starts up. After that, it is not slow.
I see the imapd with a state of "sbwait" and "kqread" when it is
responding slowly. Am I doing something wrong here?

I follow the instruction of editing pam.conf, inetd.conf, and dracd.host.

%uname -a
FreeBSD man-97-187.ResHall 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #3: Wed Apr
9 21:40:40 PDT 2003
lou at man-97-187.ResHall:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SPITFIRE  i386

%more /etc/pam.d/imap
#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pam.d/imap,v 1.5 2003/03/08 09:50:11 markm Exp $
#
# PAM configuration for the "imap" service
#
auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn
try_first_pass
account         required        pam_unix.so             try_first_pass
session         required        pam_deny.so

%grep -i imap /etc/inetd.conf
# example entry for the optional imap4 server
imap4   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd
imapd

%more /usr/local/etc/dracd.host
localhost

I also make a cert under /usr/local/certs/imapd.pem but I am not sure
how to use it. Please tell me how to enable SSL with mozilla.

---
Lou