KSE threads in 5.0

taxman taxman at acd.net
Wed Apr 16 11:34:05 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 01:41 pm, Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:
> taxman wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 April 2003 11:24 am, Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:
> <Snip>
> >> Just trying to determine if I want to run 5.0 right now.
> > You should ask on -current.
> OK
> > You almost certainly do not want 5.0 release.
>
> That what I was thinking. My manager keeps bugging me about it though,
> so I thought I'd ask.

well it may certainly be worth running on a test box to learn the new
features, but even then you'd be better of catching -current at a stable spot
and dealing with the vagaries that that involves.  A good way is to cvsup
your source, and watch the -current mailing list for a day to see that no
major instabilities are reported.  Then rebuild.  Or you could download a
-current iso from:
http://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/

Good luck,

Tim