Fwd: KDE3.1.1a

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Apr 16 10:17:38 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 15.25, CARTER Anthony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My icons form /home/user/Desktop don't show up on my desktop...Any ideas?

Is KDesktop actually running? You can quickly check by seeing if Alt+F2 pops
up the 'run' dialog.

If not, start it, from a terminal, with 'kdeinit_wrapper kdesktop', then log
out with a saved session, and log back in, to make sure it's being started
correctly with the session.

If it is, then check in KControl that you didn't inadvertantly turn off the
display of desktop icons.  It's in the Desktop -> Behavior module, the option
'Enable icons on desktop' should be checked.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/