License questions

Socketd db at traceroute.dk
Wed Apr 16 06:15:00 PDT 2003

Hi all

I would like to use FreeBSD to make commercial and free software. For that I use a number of programs and third-party libraries (I program in C++). My guess it that there is no problem with using antuja, gnome, c++ doc and other programs for this, but what about the libraries? Some of them are released under the BSD license, but other under GPL or LGPL.
My question is, can I use libraries like dbconnect, common c++, gtkzthread (which are all under the GPL or LGPL) to make closed-source, commercial software?

Also, if I want to release software under the BSD license, does the license have to be included in every file I write?

br
socketd

ps: Please cc to me as I am not on the list.