John <agent007=email-agents.com@spamarrest.com>

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+freebsd at keyslapper.org
Wed Apr 16 04:54:19 PDT 2003

On 04/15/03 04:50 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> This is really an underhanded way to 'prevent' spam.  Basically,
> Spamarrest requires you validate yourself to them before they'll allow
> your mail through to their customers.  Of course, if you read their
> fine print, you're basically giving them permission to send you
> information about their service.  Essentially, they wind up spamming
> you directly until you buy their service.  They make no promises as to
> the privacy of your contact info, and they provide no easy way to be
> taken off their list.
>
> I never see this because I put the following in my /etc/mail/access
> file:
> spamarrest.com  550 Go Away Spamarrest!

Looks like this works.   found this in my daily run output:

Checking for rejected mail hosts:
   1 spamarrest.com
. . .

Probably better to nip it in the bud rather than accept it, filter it,
and move it around or delete it.

Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

And do you think (fop that I am) that I could be the Scarlet Pumpernickel?