Kmail and NFS mount?

Henrik Hudson rhavenn at rhavenn.net
Tue Apr 15 13:21:18 PDT 2003

Hey List-

Ran this accross the kde-freebsd list, but didn't get any repsonses...since
this is a much higher traffic list I thought someone over here might have
tried/seen something about this. Thanks.

I would like to share my Mail files between my home workstation and my laptop
and was thinking I could create a NFS mount on a net accessable server that
would let me NFS mount my /Mail directory.

Assumptions:
        -My workstation is in a private LAN
        -My laptop would SSH tunnel the NFS mount
        -Both computers might be accessing the NFS mount at the same time
        -Both computer would be using Kde 3.1.1a (and the Kmail version that
goes with it)

My questions:
        -I know that filters, passwords, etc... are stored in the .kde dir,
but is there any other settings that would cause conficts between the 2
systems?
        -I would be using the Maildir format which supposedly doesn't need any
NFS locking or anything...
        -In short..is this feasible?

Thanks.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
rhavenn at rhavenn.net

"`If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now.'"
	--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy