Multiple FTP servers with different characteristics on one server?

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Mon Apr 14 16:28:15 PDT 2003

Greetings again. Under NetBSD, the inetd.conf file could have entries such as:

10.0.0.1:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -d -ll -c /etc/a
10.0.0.2:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -d -ll -c /etc/b

Meaning that an FTP session request to 10.0.0.1 would use the
configuration in /etc/a, while one to 10.0.0.2 would use the
configuration in /etc/b.

That doesn't work in FreeBSD 4.8: the first field is not recognized.

How can I get this functionality, just for FTP? I don't see anything
in the inetd or ftpd man pages that indicate how this might work.

--Paul Hoffman