Freebsd, Xfree and dual head

Emil A Eklund eae-dated-1050787588.df7b89 at eae.net
Mon Apr 14 14:26:41 PDT 2003

Good day

I'm currently using a Matrox G400MAX in a dual head setup under 4.8. But
since that video card is getting quite old I'm looking for a
replacement. I was originally planning on getting a Matrox Parhelia but
since they don't have drivers for FreeBSD yet (and I doubt the linux one
can be utilized fully in FreeBSD, if it runs at all).

What other solutions are there? With dual DVI support (2 x digital flat
panel) and native freebsd drivers? 3D is not that important to me, but
FAST, sharp 2D is.

I know nvidia recently release native freebsd drivers but are they any
good with 2d? Does their dual head implementation still suck as much as
it used to, or is it usable now?

Are there any other solutions? I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for your time.
/Emil A Eklund