Problem with starting O/S.

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at dsl-only.net
Mon Apr 14 10:01:51 PDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 03:06:43PM -0400, leo.nat wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have a problem  with starting the  freebsd operating system.
> It give me a message:
>
> Enter full pathname of shell of RETURN for /bin/sh:
>
> I do not know full path of shell.
> Where can I found out about?
> What can I do to solve this problem?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards.
> Leon.

Just press 'Enter' at that prompt.  /bin/sh is almost certainly a valid
path to the Bourne shell.  You probably getting this prompt because
normal multi-user bootup failed - possibly because of disk
inconsistencies i.e. fsck failed to preen.

Nathan

--
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C