2nd HD

=?unknown-8bit?Q?S=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx
Sun Apr 13 22:13:46 PDT 2003

Hello,

> I have a 4gig HD that I would like to install as a second drive how do I go
> about doing this?

  The easy way to do this is to use the "/stand/sysinstall" program

  Here's some steps:

  1) /stand/sysinstall  // run as root
  2) Sysinstall Main Menu
     => select configure
  3) fdisk  // careful to choose the new drive
            // first ide drive will be ad0, next is ad1...
  4) choose "c" to create a slice (partition)
     ....or...
     choose "a" to select entire drive
  5) "W"  // commit the changes
  6) Install Boot Manager for drive ad0? (Menu)
     select "None"
  7) FreeBSD Configuration Menu
     select "Label"
  8) pick the correct hard disk
     at the top it will say
    "Disk: ad0       Partition name: ad0s1   Free: ..."
           ^^^
     again, make sure this is the correct drive

  9) type "c" to create the new partition
  10) type "m" to give it a mount point
      ie /home, or /web or /mail ...
  11) type "w" to write/commit

     and violin err.. cello?  you're done ;)

You're welcome in advance ;)
--$êrêciya Kurdistanî
| Welat xwe ava nake, dest bidin hevdu, pist nedin tu dijminî  |
|   Riya azadiyê ne hêsan e, hêviya xwe bernedin, dema me      |
|     nêzîk e.                                                 |
| Hevaltî bi kesên du rû nekin, hevaltî bi hevdu ra bikin      |
|   Ne ji hevaltiya wan kesên pêxwas û rû dirêj, ne bi wan     |
|     kesên xwînperest, ne jî ji yên din.                      |
|                                   -$êrêciya Kurdistanî       |
  translation provided on request: sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx