bind9 vs (system)bind

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Fri Apr 11 07:21:15 PDT 2003

I ran bind9.x.x on my (former) fbsd-4.7r

This afternoon I went for the upgrade through source.
I cvsupped my ports;
I cvsupped my src-all (RELENG_4_8)
I printed out Chapter 21 (the cutting edge) and followed it by the
letter.

I'm in love w/ this procedure. Wow. It went fast. Took me about 90
minutes from cvsup 'till the new 4.8 system...

One question remains.. After the upgrade I had a new v8.x of named and I
already had version 9.x.x
No big deal; change the path in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and removed the
old binaries (again).

But I guess there is an option in make.conf for this to prevent the
building of named ??

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)