sendmail woes

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Fri Apr 11 00:23:13 PDT 2003

PROGRESS!

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>You should probably edit /etc/hosts and change localhost.my.domain in
>the following lines:
>
>    ::1                    localhost localhost.my.domain
>    127.0.0.1              localhost localhost.my.domain
>
>to something that matches your local domain.  I havn't tried resolving
>baphd.gihon.org.au

First..  Those lines worked just fine in the "old" sendmail, but
changing them to:
:: 1                  localhost     BAPhD.gihon.org.au
127.0.0.1        localhost    BAPhD.gihon.org.au
worked wonders with the "new" sendmail.  No huge delays - sendmail loads
on boot as it should.
BUT  I still can't get past my DSL modem :-(

Note.  Mine is a private network and does not have a static IP no, so
you could not resolve it, anyway.
Q. Where could I go from here?  Obviously something is still "not right".

I think there is a command that gives the name if you give the address
and vice versa - but what IS that command?  Mind you, I'm not sure that
is an issue.

Thanks for your help - and patience - so far.

--
Brian