Never Winter Nights for Linux (?)

Dave mudman at metafocus.net
Thu Apr 10 20:07:53 PDT 2003

This is mostly a Linux emulation issue.  --

By the skin of my teeth I run the ever popular never winter nights
application on FreeBSD and....

Core dump, exit due to Signal 4, Illegal Instruction

It was just changing my screen modes and starting to do the splash screens
too :(

Is there anything in the world at all that can be done to rid said
"Illegal instructions" from nasty linux emulation?

I'm using the FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE kernel w/ emulation statically compiled
(and agpgart on). Linux base is the latest I found, linux_base7.1_2

Any tips?