Problems with FreeBSD

Mike Doyle relyod at cooperationireland.org
Thu Apr 10 06:03:54 PDT 2003

Did you select one of the "higher" security levels? X won't run if the
security level
is set too high, because it doesn't have permission to take over the
screen/keyboard.

I'm sure someone who has been around longer than I have can phrase this in
more technical
terms, but try setting kern_securelevel="-1" and/or
kern_securelevel_enable="no"
in /etc/rc.conf and re-running the X setup program

Michael Doyle                    email: relyod at cooperationireland.org
Network Administrator            personal email:     relyod at indigo.ie
Co-operation Ireland	           http://www.cooperationireland.org/
Phone: +353-1-661 0588                           Fax: +353-1-661 8456