hp 940C wants a2ps-letter

Michael Sharp ms at probsd.org
Wed Apr 9 17:52:20 PDT 2003

I have a HP Deskjet 940C and I have installed apsfilter, ghostscript-gnu
and all dependants. I ran the SETUP to apsfilter and chose the hpijs 940C
driver, restarted lpd and all went fine. However, I did notice on the
apsfilter install a2ps failed because its broken, but I recompiled without
it.

When I try to print a simple ASCII file, the apsfilter logs say it cant
fine a2ps.

Is there someone else out there with a HP Deskjet 940C that might suggest
an alternative printcap and apsfilterrc setting to get this printer
working?

Thx, Michael