my problem in kernel compiling

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Apr 9 16:41:02 PDT 2003

On 2003-04-08 22:17, FLYING LI <apassingtraveller at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> i am new comer.i have installed FreeBSD 4.7 release recently.but i
> cannot compile the kernel successfully.i just deleted options of
> devices that i have not in my computer,such as printer & scsi.

You haven't deleted all the SCSI related stuff though.  You did remove
the following:

    -# SCSI peripherals
    -device         scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
    -device         da              # Direct Access (disks)

But not this:

     device         ncv             # NCR 53C500
     device         nsp             # Workbit Ninja SCSI-3
     device         stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50

You also have umass around, which requires SCSI support:

     device         umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

But the comment states that scbus is *required* for umass.

- Giorgos