cdrecord, cdrdao and gtoaster

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Apr 9 16:37:44 PDT 2003

> Does anybody know what permissions I should change so I can these 3
> programs as user.  I'm only able to run these in root right now.
> I'm running Fbsd 4.8 stable

I think I made it work by examining the output of

"camcontrol devlist -v" followed by
"cdrecord -scanbus".

These commands will complain about missing permission and also print the
according device names.

Simon

Btw: The xcdroast port (which I find much nicer than gtoaster, but I don't want
you to solve your problems with gtoaster by using a different program :-) allows
you to specify some normal users that are allowed to burn cd-r(w)s.