Trying to run ipf on 5.0 errors with : Device not found?? Doesn¹t devfs take care of this?

BSDVault diesel at bsdvault.net
Wed Apr 9 10:50:44 PDT 2003

I posted another question about missing MAKEDEV but now I am concerned that
I cannot run ipf.  I moved from ipfw to ipf and tried to kldload the ipf
modules.. I get device not created or device not found errors even though I
have the correct entries in rc.conf.  It is my understanding that devfs
should take care of this??  Anyone know any issues with this?  Do I need to
compile ipfilter into the kernel?

Thanks

Ray