soundcard configuration

sapa sapa sapa2ler at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 03:36:24 PDT 2003

Hi, i'm really need advice and help from you. I'm new with FreeBSD. Currently, i had installed your latest release of FreeBSD 5.0, but i having problem in configuring the soundcard. I'm using Creative SoundBlaster Live Value soundcard under i386 architecture. When i logging in, my soundcard couldn't been detected. The message came out is something like "cannot open /dev/dsp...."

Could you please provide me advice or training on how to configure the sound for my system. Thank you.

Regards.