cdrecord, cdrdao and gtoaster

E. J. Cerejo edinho64 at netscape.net
Tue Apr 8 22:09:04 PDT 2003

freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com wrote:
> Please don't top-post.
>
> "E. J. Cerejo" <edinho64 at netscape.net> writes:
>

>>That doesn't do it!
>

> It does for me.
>
> Which device did you change, and are you using a real SCSI device?
>

>>freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com wrote:

>>>You need write permissions on the device.

I'm not using a real scsi device, I'm using the scsi emulation atapicam.
  I figure if it can work as root there's gotta be a way to work in user
mode as well.

Here's the permissions for my device:

crwxrwx---  2 root  operator   15,  10 Apr  5 13:54 cd1c
crwxrwx---  1 root  wheel  117,   8 Mar 18 11:59 acd1c

The user is a member of the operator and wheel groups.

Here's what I get from gtoast:

cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '2,1,0'
scsibus: 2 target: 1 lun: 0
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

Child exited unexpectedly.
CD recording process finished.

since I'm running emulation are there any other devices that I need to
change?