USB 2.0

taxman taxman at acd.net
Tue Apr 8 17:54:32 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 04:28 pm, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "phayden" <phayden at saintmail.net> writes:
> > I am a "newbie", and I am very interested in installing
> > FreeBSD on my computer. I read much of your online
> > information, but I didn't see anything about release 5.0
> > having USB 2.0 capability. Would you please let me know if
> > it has this?  Thank you.
>
> If you don't have any FreeBSD experience, you should probably stick to
> a production release, like 4.8.
>
> I don't use USB myself, but a look at the code (on 4.8) seems to show
> full support.

I couldn't find anything definitive, including whats billed as the FreeBSD USB
http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb.pl
homepage, but all reports on this list have seemed to say that USB 2.0 is not
supported, but that USB 2.0 hubs and devices will work in USB 1 mode/speed.
This has been asked before, so you could try searching the archives, phayden.

Tim