No subject

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Mon Apr 7 19:07:46 PDT 2003

When I run netstat -m this is the output I am getting.

130/6144/6144 mbufs in use (current/peak/max):
	130 mbufs allocated to data
128/1522/1536 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
4580 Kbytes allocated to network (99% of mb_map in use)
30 requests for memory denied
18 requests for memory delayed
21 calls to protocol drain routines

This is a FreeBSD4.7 with 128M of RAM and a 733MHz PIII acting as an
email server for about 150 users. It has Apache running for webmail and
qmail is the email server. It is using the xl0 driver for the built-in
ethernet card.

In searching for this error I found some suggestions that it was kernel
related and others said it was the driver for the NIC. Still others said
it was just a lack of memory issue.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please?

Jon