DC clients - do they actually work?

Chip chip at wiegand.org
Sat Apr 5 22:17:05 PST 2003

I installed both of the direct connect clients (dc-gui and dctc-gui) in
the ports and they both installed properly, but I cannot get either one
of them to download the file lists from the online users. I also have a
windoze box using DC++ and it works great, so I know my firewall and
configuration of the clients is not the problem. Generally a
double-click on a user name will get the file list for that user, but in
both of the freebsd versions a double-click brings up the chat window. I
cannot find any way to get a file list.
Anyone else using either of the DC clients actually able to get file
lists and download files from the DC network hubs?
Thanks
Chip