4.8-Installation floppies fail

Rob Lahaye lahaye at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 4 23:18:05 PST 2003

Hi,

Yes, this is the official 4.8 release of April 3rd.

I have put kern.flp and mfsroot.flp on two floppies.
The kern floppy boots, as usual, but the mfsroot floppy
stops after showing the following three dialogs in a row:

      +--------------- Message ----------------+
      |3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'') PCI Ethernet  |
      |--------------------------------(100%)--|
      |              [  OK  ]                  |
      +--------[ Press enter or space ]--------+

      +---------- Message -----------+
      |3ware Escalade RAID           |
      |----------------------(100%)--|
      |         [  OK  ]             |
      +---[ Press enter or space ]---+

      +----------- Message ------------+
      |3ware Escalade RAID             |
      +----[ Press enter or space ]----+

And then the installation is dead.

My ethernet card is a RealTek 8139.
HardDisk is a regular IBM-DTLA 30.7 Gb.

Does the official release come with broken floppy files?
Anything I can do to avoid this?

Regards,
Rob.