Backup/RAID dillema

William Ashworth willybaby12345 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:35:58 PST 2003

Cliff,

FreeBSD is going to format everything as prepare the OS as far as I am
aware.  FYI - nowadays, you can get a new hard drive for about $1/mb, so
it's really your best bet, however, if your ISP's down, you're screwed,
that's where a second server becomes incredibly handy.

As far as maybe a low level format or something to start from a factory
formatted drive, check the manufacturer for a configuration utility (almost
EVERY manufacturer has one)...this will let you do a low level format and
restore to pretty much a factory default.

RE: CVSup....correct.  Just run only hte new files.,...there's special
commands you use.  Please check the MAN page for this.

Thanks,
Will Ashworth