imap-uw and pam

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Fri Apr 4 09:43:03 PST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, mark tinguely wrote:

> I see from your earlier mail that you compiled imap-uw with the
> WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes option, make sure the support package,
> "cclient-2002,1" is also compile with the "WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT"
> turned on.

Thank you very much, Mark.

Yes, indeed, it was the problem.  Thanks to the FreeBSD Daemons for
inspiring you.

I recompiled everything:  cclient, imap-uw and pine4
with the options you suggested, and everything worked perfectly.

> I use FreeBSD 4.8, so I can't help you with the PAM items, but they
> look correct and your errors look like the "cclient-2002,1" is SSL
> only.

I installed FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE just for learning to use it.  It was a
little scary to find the ports without any changes even though pam was
completely reorganized.  Maybe it is worth a bug-report/change-request.

I saw a message in the ports telling that it could be a good idea
include something like:   make help    in every port to list the
options you can use on them. Of course, you can read the Makefile,
but I think it is a little too weird to do that.

Thank you, again.

> --Mark Tinguely

	Eduardo.