Setting-up FreeBSD 4.6 on my computer !

taxman taxman at acd.net
Wed Apr 2 18:58:16 PST 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 08:19 pm, myself at yours.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I bought FreeBSD 4.6  OS which includes 4 discs  and FreeBSD Toolkit (March
> 2002) which includes 6 discs and 'The FreeBSD HANDBOOK' 2nd Edition
> [WindRiver] ; all of this from BSDmall website in Augest 2002 and they ship
> it to me in Saudi Arabia by UPS.

Cool, FreeBSD in Saudi Arabia!

> I tried to install it on my computer , but always the configuration of
> XFree86 - X window system failed . I get the message ( ..... XFree86
> configuraion seems to have failed .....);and I tried again these days

Make sure you know the specifications of your monitor.  You need to know the
horiontal and vertical sync rates.  They'll be something like 50-150   30-85
If you don't know yours you can search for your monitor model in google or
something and often find the correct specs.

Or you can boot with knoppix and copy the config file to a floppy then copy it
to the same place in FreeBSD.  Download a mini ISO here, burn it to a cdr and
it should boot just fine for you:

ftp://ftp.es.debian.org/pub/miniKnoppix

The config file is in /etc/X11

good luck,