Courier-IMAP over SSL

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 2 09:05:18 PST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 05:42:36PM +0100, Rus Foster wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm having trouble getting IMAP/SSL working. I've installed courier imap.
> Run /usr/local/share/courier-imap/mkimapdcert, edit the config and put
> IMPADSSLSTART=YES but I'm still not seeing anything and TBH I can't see
> anything in the logs. can someone point me in the right direction?

I had the same problem; the answer is that the port only puts an rc
script for imapd into /usr/local/etc/rc.d, not one for imapd-ssl.  Copy
/usr/ports/mail/courier-imap/work/courier-imap-1.7.1/imapd-ssl.rc to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/courier-imap-imapd-ssl.sh and make it executable.
Then execute it with the argument "start".  That'll get things going for
you.  (Do the same for pop3d as well if you want POP3/SSL.)

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
                                                  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN