worker filemanager and some

alvins bsd140870 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 18:44:12 PST 2003

hey adam...

On 01 Apr 2003 11:50:57 -0500 Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 10:57, alvins wrote:
> > was wondering if someone could help me out with worker filemanager. cant
> > seem to associate text files with gvim or mp3 files with mpg123. went to
> > the authors site and found some docs but cant really make anything out
> > of it. downloaded the manual but it looks like some of the pages are not
> > there?
> >
> > anyways, tried to associate some text files with 'own command' but
> > after that, all the other (unknown) files are 'text' files. so what am i
> > doing wrong?
> >
> > so, if anyone here is using worker, could you help me out?
>
> 1) Click the C in the upper-left corner (configuration)
> 2) Click on Filetypes
> 3) Select 'MP3 File' and click Edit Type
> 4) Select 'DoubleClick-Action'
> 5) Select 'own command' and hit Configure
> 6) Change the "program" line to look however you want
> 7) Save everything

ok, so far so good. i could get the mp3's to associate ok but cant seem
to make it play in wmmp3 (mpg123). dono what/which variable to put after
mpg123 in the program box. i had "mpg123 {F}" but nothing if i
double-click. hmm... either there isnt much info on how to integrate
mpg123 with worker or i missed something somewhere.

> You'd do something similar for text files ..

got the TXT and HTML files working now. what i did was i used the
filecontent thing and that seemed to trigger everything that doesnt have
any header (tags) in files that resemble text. (ie., personal seetings
file, .cshrc, .profile, etc..)

thanx for the input. now to get the mp3 working...