ipython 7.x and ipykernel 5.x

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 5 15:11:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

Trying to update devel/py-jupyter_console and devel/py-qtconsole, I
found that I need ipython 7.x and ipykernel 5.x. I already created
devel/py-prompt_toolkit2 since prompt_toolkit 2.x is incompatible with 1.x.

Should I commit separate ports for devel/ipython7 and
devel/py-ipykernel5 or do you have plans to update devel/ipython and
devel/py-ipykernel? Note I already have devel/ipython7 and
devel/py-ipykernel5 tested and working locally. But I thought we may
prefer to just update rather than keep so many versions around. What's
your preference?

Thanks,
Steve