porting PyECLib

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 21 01:46:48 UTC 2015

On 20/12/2015 7:45 PM, Mykola Golub wrote:
> I am not sure about some things though:
>
> 1) Portname: currently PyECLib, but may be it should be pyeclib or
> just eclib?

1) tldr; Whatever the name is in PyPI, whether or not you get the sdists
from MASTER_SITES=CHEESESHOP (preferred) or a repository

More detail:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Python/PortsPolicy

> 2) The package includes several C libraries: gf-complete,
> liberasurecode, jerasure, which are their own projects, so could be
> built as separate packages. Do you think it worth splitting it to
> several packages, providing the libraries as dependencies to PyECLib?
> I suppose it could be splitted later if other users for the libs are
> found.

2) If they're packaged separately on PyPI, like that. If not, more than
likely separately. That different things live in the same repository is
not reason enough to package them/install them together.

> 3) May be you see other things I do wrong here?

3) Current diff

* lowercase(+PORTNAME= PyECLib)
* Are you sure the python package uses libtool? *skeptical*
* Add LICENSE_FILE if one exists in WRKSRC

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to join us on IRC at
freebsd-python freenode