Trying to install psycopg2 for 2.7 & 3.4

Marcus von Appen mva at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 7 14:43:02 UTC 2014

Richard Kuhns <rjk at wintek.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm finally trying to port a fair number of python scripts from v2 to
> v3. I've already installed py-psycopg2 for v3.4, but when I then try to
> install it for v2.7 I get:
>
> ===>  Checking if py27-psycopg2 already installed
> ===>   Registering installation for py27-psycopg2-2.5.3
> pkg-static: py27-psycopg2-2.5.3 conflicts with py34-psycopg2-2.5.3
> (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file:
> /usr/local/share/doc/py-psycopg2/AUTHORS
> *** Error code 70
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/databases/py-psycopg2
>
> Will I be making a mess of things if I just delete the PORTDOCS line in
> the Makefile long enough to install py27-psycopg2?

Well, you won't solve the issue, the next would be the examples to complain.
And afterwards, if psycopg2 installs any binaries/scripts or something
similar,
it still will complain.

You can try the following workaround (untested):

1) Add PYTHON_CONCURRENT_INSTALL=yes after the PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST=yes line.
2) Remove the DOCSDIR= ... and EXAMPLESDIR= ... lines.
3) Deinstall py34-psycopg2-2.5.3.
4) Try to install psycopg2 for both python 3.4 and python 2.7

Cheers
Marcus