issues with update databases/py-sqlite3

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Thu May 30 08:22:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 23:20:37 -0700 (PDT), Waitman Gobble
<uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com> wrote:

I think I have the issue narrowed down to to the capture exception line: in
the port - files/setup.py

try:
    import ctypes
    ctypes.CDLL('libsqlite3.so').sqlite3_load_extension
except AttributeError:
    macros.append(('SQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION', '1'))

Since i do not have extensions enabled in sqlite3 config, it will do the
macros.append line.
Appending the item is not causing the Bus Error, also the 'import ctypes' and
ctypes.CDLL('libsqlite3.so').sqlite3_load_extension are not causing the bus
error. For some reason the except AttributeError: seems to be causing the Bus
Error. ??? I'm absolutely not a Python expert, hopefully somebody here has a
good idea of what the problem is.***

My temporary fix is to replace those lines with:
macros.append(('SQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION', '1'))

...since i know i built sqlite3 without extensions.. (if i want to use
extensions, i can remove that line altogether, don't need to 'omit')
anyhow, I was able to get the port properly installed and registered, so I can
move on to the next thing.

Thanks,

--
Waitman Gobble