python27-2.7.5 dbm/ndbm compatibility

Philip Jocks pj at netzkommune.de
Tue May 21 12:10:22 UTC 2013

Hej,

I came across a build issue with python27-2.7.5 on FreeBSD 8.3 amd64, haven't tested on other releases:

If dbm/ndbm compatibility is checked in databases/gdbm, python fails to build dbm.so, throwing this error:

*** WARNING: renaming "dbm" since importing it failed: /usr/local/lib/libgdbm_compat.so.4: Undefined symbol "gdbm_errno"

When I uncheck dbm/ndbm compatibility and rebuild gdbm, python builds fine.

Cheers,

Philip