ports/176993: math/py-matplotlib/work does not see installed numpy

Vladimir Chukharev chukharev at mail.ru
Fri Mar 22 07:40:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/176993; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Vladimir Chukharev" <chukharev at mail.ru>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, Vladimir.Chukharev at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/176993: math/py-matplotlib/work does not see installed
 numpy
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:38:30 +0200

 This PR can be closed.

 For the record. The problem was in math/atlas, which was installed
 when I used an optional dependence on it in some port (probably
 math/py-numpy). Later, I removed that option and deinstalled atlas,
 but many ports have some automatically set optional dependence on
 atlas if that is installed, therefore deleting math/atlas is not
 a trivial task... It might get installed again and again, and this
 is a POLA violation IMO.

 I recorded the list of all ports depending on atlas, then used
 pkg_delete -f atlas-\* , and then reinstalled all ports in the list
 removing the corresponding options file in /var/ports/ , this way
 atlas is cleaned away from my computer...

 --
 Vladimir Chukharev