svn commit: r309444 - in head: Mk lang/python26 lang/python27 lang/python31 lang/python32 lang/python33

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 23 20:07:33 UTC 2012

On, Sun Dec 23, 2012, Eitan Adler wrote:

> On 23 December 2012 14:35, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I propose to deprecate python31 port.  Three versions of python-3 is overkill IMHO.
> > There is only one dependency on python31: x11-toolkits/py31-tkinter
> >
> > I propose to deal with it somehow (I already sent e-mail to maintainer) and either convert it to use fresh python3-X or remove it.
>
> There are non-ports users of python.  Is keeping python3.1 harmful or
> making it difficult to make other changes?

Seconded. Additionally, Python 3.1 differs language and API-wise heavily
from Python 3.2+. As long as it is _not_ deprecated we should keep it
around.

Cheers
Marcus